Pitchers And Associated Notions:

Works by Stephanie Leibowitz

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Inspiration

I got a new locket today from the vintage store on Dekalb and Classon!   It has a bicycle on it. And sorry that I have slim to none lighting in my room, but thems the breaks.



All dressed up and nowhere to go tonight.  Oh wait, maybe a party.  


I've been looking at these things lately and getting inspired: 


Heart City Vintage: www.heartcityvintage.blogspot.com

Mochi 


Oh man, this is one of my favorite 
scenes but this image looks terrible...

Mystery Train, Jim Jarmusch.










Hellen Van Meene

Via Greyhound.com, I found out that a ticket to Memphis is only $66.  Score! I think I'm going to purchase that ticket soon and take a much needed trip for a few weeks in August.  I know that the city itself is probably as empty as it seems in Mystery Train, but I love the photography in that movie, and I'm hoping I can make beautiful photographs like Jim Jarmusch.  Even without the great ensemble cast.  I was half hoping to have money for a new tattoo as a kind of graduation/birthday present, but that's not in the cards right now.  

This is what I was thinking about getting: 



Not Frida, just one of the birds. I want to incorporate it into the heart pieces, the bike chain heart on my inner arm and then the anatomical heart (inspired by Kahlo's Two Women) and the cartoon hearts above that.  Soon enough!  

Also, if someone wanted to get me a dog for my upcoming birthday, I'd love that. Just saying. Preferably a cute one that is not or will not eventually get too big and needs a good home. Pitbulls are okay, nothing bigger than that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment