Pitchers And Associated Notions:

Works by Stephanie Leibowitz

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Self Portrait # 18











Inspiration this week brought to you by: these guys.

Lately I've been super into Jim Jarmusch, which is nothing new. His work has been some of my favorite for the last few years, but I really appreciate his style and his dedication to finding idiosyncrasies in people's mannerisms, and the comparison of routines and everyday things. It's been a big influence and if anyone's not seen his films (Night on Earth, Coffee & Cigarettes, Dead Man, Down By Law, Mystery Train) I recommend shooting on over to Netflix or perhaps your local library and viewing these immediately.
I've also been watching a lot of David Lynch lately; it's what we do on friday nights at my new house. Spellbound, my roommates and I staring at the screen.





"Are you a detective or a pervert?"
"Both, I think."


ALSO, some former classmates & I will be having a critique session at my house in a few weeks, showing any new work and chatting about post-college life. Snacks and drinks will (most likely) be provided. If anyone who reads this has work they'd like to show and is in the NYC area, feel free to come and show work! Comment for more deets, I suppose, if you don't have my email.


No comments:

Post a Comment