Pitchers And Associated Notions:

Works by Stephanie Leibowitz

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

it's not you, it's me.



Weighing my options for this month and making resolutions and goals for 2011. When I was a kid (or a tween, technically) and it was 2000, my dad bought me those sunglasses made for the new year with the O's for eyeholes. A great gimmick, I thought then and now, until I saw ones for 2011 on the street the other day. Alec & I both remarked on how stupid this gimmick has become, one that needs to retire.
And with that in mind....just kidding. I haven't quit making pictures or being an artist just because I didn't get a residency post or haven't had any place to produce tangible photographs(which is kind of my fault anyway). I guess I could say that it's just taken a backseat and with two jobs and moving for the 3rd time in a year, I get home at the end of the day sometimes and just sigh. I wish I had the capability to just pull out some paper and start drawing about all the things in my head, get it all out, get over it. I was never this stressed out about small things when I was at SVA and able to produce work on a daily basis. I thought I could replace photo with baking or biking or other peon little hobbies but I don't like eating too many sweets and it's really tedious to have to wake up at 5 am to bike to work. I thought that with the residency all of these problems would be solved and I could get back into that flow, but instead of being sad about this I just think, Fuck. Now what? I know I will work it out soon and things will be good.
Anyway, in case anyone still reads this I just wanted to say that I really really wish I had things to post on a weekly, daily basis and have comments and viewers and make work for me and anyone else interested. Soon I'm sure.

1 comment: