Pitchers And Associated Notions:

Works by Stephanie Leibowitz

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tracey Baran



Recently I was told to make a list of photographers I admire in hopes of contacting them to see if they need assistants or interns. A good idea, but in making that list, I realized that the photographer I truly wanted to work with the most has passed away. Tracey Baran was and remains to be one of the best contemporary photographers, whose work is some of the most like-minded to mine since I got interested in photography at the age of 15. The images say something but let the viewer think for themselves, which is something I really respect. Her work can be seen at the Museum of Contemporary Photography. She also went to SVA (holla).






Today I'm 30, Tracy Baran, 2005



It was hard to find pictures online, but more of her work can be seen here.

1 comment: